Become a Michelin Chef for a day: Prepare "Chicken Piri-Piri" Ocean style
Monday, November 23, 2015 - 00:00
Convert your kitchen into a Michelin star restaurant with Chef Hans Neuner´s take on Chicken Piri-Piri and Algarvean Salad. From the Ocean to your home, here is the recipe. It´s your turn to make it possible:
- 15 chicken legs
- 0,5 cl olive oil
- 0,2 kg Piri-Piri pepper
- 0,1 kg sweet pepper powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 laurel leaves
- 5 shallots
Chicken Roll - Method:
- Marinate 15 chicken legs during 3-4 hours
- Brown them at a low temperature and finish cooking in the oven
- Leave the rest of the meat for an hour
- Remove the skin from the chicken
- Cut the skin in small cubes and leave it brown until crisp in the frying pan
- Cut the meat in slightly bigger cubes
- Mix the gravy from the chicken in the oven with a chicken stock
- For every 100 g, add a slab of gelatine and 0,5g of agar and mix with the meat
- Roll the meat with plastic film to create rolls with 1,5-2 cm diameter.
- For the marinade: Smoked Spicy Spanish Paprika, Smoked Sweet Spanish Paprika (Pimentón de la Vera), Tabasco, Piri-piri, salt, pepper, Espelette pepper, sugar and garlic mixed with the chicken stock and olive oil.
Algarvean Salad – Method:
- Peel the tomatoes
- Cut in 5-7 mm slices
- Powder with fleur de sel, pepper, etc...
- Serve the rest of the ingredients on the tomato slice, arranged in a circle
- Cut the chicken roll in 1cm pieces and place them between the two chicken skins
- Decorate with olive oil and oregano
- Serve the tomato salad in a circle and fill the middle with tomato foam.