Executive Chef Manfred Kickmaier was born in Austria and brought to the kitchen a different kind of approach.
Since he arrived in Portugal he has been able to take advantage of what our country has to offer – not only on a culinary level. And now, he shares his delicious Deer Goulash recipe, for you to prepare at home and leave your guests´ mouth wide open, at least until they try it.
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 800 gr shoulder of deer (de-boned and clean)
- 150 gr smoked bacon
- 250 gr onion
- 0,1 l vegetable oil
- 50 gr sweet paprika
- 0,4 l water
- 0,125 l sour cream
- 20 gr flour
- 10 gr salt
- Cut the meat in 3 cm cubes and chop the onion and bacon.
- Heat the oil and brown the bacon and the onion.
- Add the meat, sprinkle with sweet paprika and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and water.
- Cover and slowly stew (about 2 hours), adding water, if needed.
- Once the meat is tender, remove it from the sauce.
- Mix the flour with the sour cream and then mix in with the sauce, leaving it to cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the Serviettenknödel (link para full recipe)